SWANK or DANK: Christopher Shannon Tri-Stripe Nylon Bomber Jacket


Color blocking has been a popular trend among many designers over the past year. The combination of bold colors are meant to give off a confident 'happy' look. Personally, I'm a fan of the trend- especially when the designer does it right... I'm contemplating this design... What's your take on this flouro red, orange, and grey nylon/jersey bomber?


So what do you think
SWANK or DANK?

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous29.9.09

    Nice color, but a little too much

    -Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1.10.09

    dankage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike.1.10.09

    Swank.

    You just have to know how to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do the common- swankadank. Its bright but I could pull it off, but alot of ppl couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1.10.09

    SWANK!!!

    -Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr.New York1.10.09

    Yikes.
    This jacket is a mess.

    DANK.

    I could see certain people getting away with it though0 Dank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1.10.09

    swank-a-dank

    -the young gent

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi1.10.09

    I usually think the swank-a-danks are swank. This time I'll have to lean closer to dank.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROBERT "THE MAN" COHEN1.10.09

    ITS OKAY I GIVE IT THE SAME THING EVERYONE ELSE DID SWANKADANK. IT JUST LOOKS LIKE A NIKE CROSS COLORS JACKET.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SWANK...it is a hot mess and looks like a colorful trash bag. I am not feelin' it but then again I am not feelin' the whole look including the usage of this jacket with the model. I definitely don't think his "look" and this jacket align...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait...I think I mean it's DANK...long and short, I don't like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous25.10.09

    Since when is being dank a bad thing?

    The correct answer is Swank, though the model is NOT wearing this right at all. Is he wearing sweatpants? I'd wear this with a solid oxford (at this time of year) and a tie that matches one of the blocked colors. It's a fun situational piece, but not something I'd spend $300+ just to wear a couple times a year.

    ReplyDelete

-Please do not write links to other websites in your comments- if you do they will be deleted from now on.

(The only link can be in your name, look below: name/url) (use a real name, not "mens tees" "designer jeans" "BLANK TEES" that will also be deleted).

-Though it is an option, anonymous post may be deleted, name usage is preferred.

-Please do not be rude... rudeness will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...