Urban Gent LOOK BOOK: Native Inspiration



This look was centered around the Humor Zobis sweater. I really like the asymmetry of the pattern, it gives the sweater just enough visual depth. When looking at this sweater earlier today it began to remind me of the traditional patterns used in Native American garments. That led me to find a pair of shoes that embodied that same feel and look, and of course the Bernard Willhelm Crazy Horse shoes were a dead on match. I also considered the Martin Margiela hi tops because of the deep cherry color, but they changed the whole "modernly native" look I was going for. I initially paired the sweater with Crooks&Castles dark grey jeans, but grey took away from the uniqueness of the crazy horse kicks, so I opted to go with black. I chose Chronicles of Never Cubism jeans because of the fit-- particularly the crotch. The crotch gives the jeans that modern harem pants look. Even though I was initially (sort of) opposed to that trend, I must say it is growing on me and looks great when worn right. With all the black I felt like I needed some subtle color to pull out the red and blue from the sweater, and the Folk Peoples knit hat was perfect. To top it all off I added the Damir Doma bracelet, and yes I know it's expensive, but it has a natural elements feel which goes along with the native theme. If you want to take the look a bit further also try the Damir Doma button broach, it helps complete the overall Modernly Native feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-Please do not write links to other websites in your comments- if you do they will be deleted from now on.

(The only link can be in your name, look below: name/url) (use a real name, not "mens tees" "designer jeans" "BLANK TEES" that will also be deleted).

-Though it is an option, anonymous post may be deleted, name usage is preferred.

-Please do not be rude... rudeness will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...